The Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre is a volunteer-driven organization, from our actors and directors to our back stage help. In October, 2010, the Community Theatre will be integrating a volunteer system into this website, where you can sign up for volunteer opportunity alerts.
There are a variety of ways to volunteer:
Act up, get on stage! For our mainstage productions (non-Crimson), all of our actors are volunteer community members. For more information on acting in a community theatre production, check out our Audition page.
Direct a production, or be involved back-stage! The community is always looking for new, talented directors and back-stage techs. We have a variety of positions people can try out:
- Directors oversee the production from an artistic and technical perspective.
- Assistant Directors help the director with the production. Being an AD is a great way to learn the ropes of directing a show.
- Stage Managers are the brains behind a production, overseeing the rehearsal process and the technical aspects of the show.
- Lighting/Sound techs help run our light and sound board during productions.
- Dressers/Back Stage Hands work backstage to help out the actors during some productions, including with quick costume changes and set moves.
Constuction: All of our sets are built and painted by volunteers, and we are always looking for people interested in helping build. We typically send out a call that includes scheduled build times. From painting to cleaning or building and designing, this volunteer opportunity has something for everyone.
Ushering and Box Office are a great way to get to see the show for free. It involves a quick and easy orientation.
Administrative and Other: The Community Theatre is always looking for volunteers for a variety of tasks including:
- General Cleaning
- Event Management
- Production Assistants
- Building Maintainence (plumbing, electrical, repair)
- General costume maintainance (cleaning and repair)